It’s tax time. In 5 minutes you email your accountant everything he needs. Then you relax with a cup of tea.
It’s time to send your invoices. In less than 15 minutes, you pop onto your computer, where your accounting program has automatically generated all of them, draft a note to send and email them en masse.
Time to collect payments! You get paid on time, every time.
A student misses a lesson. You still get paid and you don’t use your valuable time to make up the lesson.
You get really sick and can’t teach for a day. You don’t have to make up the lessons, and you still get paid.
A paid performance opportunity arises. You close your studio for the day, and still get paid.
You take several vacations through the year. As you sip your pina colada on the beach, you’re relaxed in the knowledge that money is still coming in.
Burn out? You never burn out because you take enough time off to recharge and rejuvenate yourself!
It’s 3 PM. Your teaching day is about to start. You feel relaxed, confident that every student you see today will have practiced enough since you saw them last.
Running your own music teaching studio can be like this. Your business can be whatever you make it.
Would you like to set up your studio so that you are paid what you are worth, have paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid performance leave, predictable income, no make-up lessons, less administrative work, and happy students?
Do you want one-on-one attention to help you figure it out? I would love to help you.
The MYOB Entrepreneurial Superhero Package
For $350 you get:
- 3 hours of one-on-one consulting. We’ll probe your business together and turn it into a lean, loving, music teaching machine.
- Complete access to the online course, “The Happy Studio” (as soon as it’s online, of course)
In your one-on-one sessions, we’ll explore what’s working, what’s not, what could you adjust to make you healthier, happier, and more financially comfortable. Things like:
- Deciding what you should charge – and how to raise your rates if needed.
- Practice and feedback on speaking confidently about your lesson rates.
- Feedback on your current, new, or revised studio policies.
- Structuring your teaching year so you don’t burn out (vacation!!).
- Your payment schedule, and making sure you get paid on time.
- Setting up your back office (accounting, mailing list, email) to require as little work as possible.
- Practice challenging conversations with difficult students.
Additional consulting time is available at a rate of $110/hour
I want this!
The charge will appear on your credit card as Music as Metier, LLC.